Five Steps to Rapid Development with TierDeveloper 4.0
Follow the steps below to quickly design, generate, and deploy a great portion of your real-life N-Tier application.
STEP 1: HAVE YOUR DATABASE READY
1. Create your database in Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2. You can design and create your own database. Or, you can use the sample database provided with TierDeveloper. Or, you can use one of the databases/schemas already provided with your database. They are:
a.Microsoft SQL Server: Northwind database. Just create a new TierDeveloper project against this database.
b.Oracle: DEMO schema with EMP, DEPT, BONUS, SALGRADE, and other tables. Just create a new TierDeveloper project against this schema.
c.DB2: SAMPLE schema provided with DB2. Just create a new TierDeveloper project against this schema.
2. Populate database with data. This would ensure that you have a fully working database ready to be used by a web application.
STEP 2: KNOW YOUR APPLICATION'S DATABASE INTERACTION
1. Identify table-columns your app will access: Before you do anything, you must know which tables and which columns in these tables is your application going to access.
2. Identify transactional operations: Identify where in your application you need to do insert, update, delete, or single-row select operations.
3. Identify queries: Most applications need to retrieve collection of rows from one or more tables in the database. Identify all places where you need to issue queries. These could be single-table queries or could involve complex joins or nested queries.
4. Identify stored procedures to call: If there are any stored procedures that already exist in the database which you need to call, identify them here. These stored procedures should be those that contains complex business rules or other data manipulation logic. Do not manually create stored procedures in the database for transactional operations or for queries that are otherwise handled by TierDeveloper. TierDeveloper can generate stored procedure DDL for you in that situation.
5. Identify bulk updates or deletes: Most applications do not require bulk updates or deletes but some do. If you have any, identify them.
The best way to understand your applications database interaction needs is to understand its behavior from the user's perspective and focus on all the data that needs to be displayed to the user or changed by the user.
STEP 3: CREATE TIERDEVELOPER PROJECT
1. Connect TierDeveloper to your database: TierDeveloper uses OLEDB to connect to your database and reads its schema so it can let you define the mappings of middle-tier objects with tables in the database (based on what you have determined about your application's interaction with your database). Please note that even if you're going to generate Java/J2EE application that will use JDBC to connect to the database, TierDeveloper (the product) will use OLEDB to connect to your database.
2. Define data object mappings to your tables: Wherever you had identified table-columns that your application needs, define data objects mapped to these tables with the appropriate columns selected as data object attributes. You can map a data object to single table or multiple tables. You'll need multi-table data objects for situations where you're trying to issue a multi-table join query that returns data from multiple tables.
3. Specify transactional methods in data objects: Based on what you identified as your application's transactional needs earlier, you should now define those insert, update, delete, and single-row select as methods of your data objects. TierDeveloper lets you do that with point-and-click.
4. Define queries as data object methods: For each query that you identified earlier, define a query method in the appropriate data objects. Remember, a query returns a resultset which get translated into a collection of data objects by TierDeveloper generated code.
5. Define stored procedure calls as data object methods: Wherever you needed to call stored procedures, you need to define data object methods for them. Remember, these stored procedures contain sophisticated business rules. Any stored procedures for transactional operations or queries can be generated by TierDeveloper so you do not have to manually write them in the database.
6. Define bulk update/delete operations as data object methods: Wherever you need to do a bulk update or bulk delete, you'll need to define data object methods for them.
STEP 4: GENERATE AND RUN 50% OF YOUR APPLICATION INSTANTLY
1. Generate data objects: After you have defined all your data objects, you are ready to generate code for them. You can generate data object code in the following format:
a. .NET components
2. Build and deploy data objects generated code: If you machine has the appropriate build environment for your platform, TierDeveloper asks you whether you want to build the generated data objects code. If you say "yes", it creates the following. It also then deploys them to your appropriate environment.
a. .NET assemblies for .NET components. They are deployed through component services.
3. Generate web application: After you have generated and build the data objects, you can generate a fully working web application. The purpose of this web application is to let you test all the functions of data objects. This also serves as a good sample/example code for you to copy into your own web application development. TierDeveloper generates the following types of web applications:
a. ASP.NET pages in C# or VB.NET and with or without XML/XSLT.
4. Build and deploy web application: TierDeveloper can also build the web pages for you. It does the following for each platform:
a. Build a .NET assembly for ASP.NET pages. They are deployed to IIS
5. Run deployed web app with data objects: Now that you have successfully deployed the data objects and the web app, you can run the web app. The really nice thing is that all this generated code is now working against your own database and in your own environment. You can see all the behavior of the data objects through this web app and also use it as a guide in your own web development. Try this and you'll be convinced about TierDeveloper being a true Rapid Development tool.
STEP 5: DEVELOP REMAINING 50% OF YOUR APPLICATION
After running and verifying that all the generated code contains your desired functionality and runs correctly against your database, you are now ready to develop the rest of the application. The areas you are likely to need to develop in your application are:
1. Presentation Layer (Web Pages): Use TierDeveloper generated web app as a sample/example for quickly developing your own. You can even copy/paste a lot of the code from the generated web app into yours, thereby speeding up your development work even further.
2. Business Objects: Although TierDeveloper generated code contains all your data manipulation logic and some of your business rules as well (in the form of data validation or stored procedure calls), you will most likely have to develop additional business objects. If you're not an expert in your target platform (.NET, J2EE, or J2SE), you can learn from the generated data objects as your business objects are likely going to be in the same environment and would follow similar design approach.
For free evaluation download please visit
Democratized Software: Empowering the Business InformationWeek
Software mines databases to predict materials' properties Chemical & Engineering News
Jira Software gets better roadmaps TechCrunch
The risks of obsolete software platforms Software Testing News
Pet travel compliance simplified with digital filing software VeterinaryPracticeNews.com
North America Industrial Robot Software Market 2020-2026: ABB Ltd, Fanuc Corp., RoboDK, Scape Technologies A/S & Universal Robots - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Yahoo Finance
North America Industrial Robot Software Market 2020-2026: ABB Ltd, Fanuc Corp., RoboDK, Scape Technologies A/S & Universal Robots - ResearchAndMarkets.com Yahoo Finance
CCSO warns of ongoing phone scams, new 'software security' hustle Magnolia Banner News
Brainlab acquires VisionTree Software Mass Device
Scaling Security in Software Development: The Art of Possible Security Intelligence
The Pentagon CIO office's plan for better software Federal Times
4 Boosted Enterprise Software Stocks to Buy in 2020 Investorplace.com
Carbon Capture: Solved by Software? Scientific American
Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) Software Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027 - Yahoo Finance
Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) Software Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027 Yahoo Finance
Tableau Software's Acquisition Last Year Ranks as One of the Largest Tech Deals of 2019 - seattlebusinessmag.com
Tableau Software's Acquisition Last Year Ranks as One of the Largest Tech Deals of 2019 seattlebusinessmag.com
Do you use antivirus software on your Android phone? Android Central
Global Precision Medicine Software Market 2020-2024 | Evolving Opportunities with F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. and Fabric Genomics Inc. | Technavio - Yahoo Finance
Global Precision Medicine Software Market 2020-2024 | Evolving Opportunities with F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. and Fabric Genomics Inc. | Technavio Yahoo Finance
$1.3 million software can't handle York City's finances York Dispatch
Long-term Care Software Market Trend Expected To Rise – Cerner Healthcare Solutions Inc, HealthMEDX Inc, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc - Associated Press
Long-term Care Software Market Trend Expected To Rise – Cerner Healthcare Solutions Inc, HealthMEDX Inc, Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc Associated Press
Boston investment firm helps finance energy software spinoff The Boston Globe
3 Ways MRP Software Gives Manufacturers a Competitive Edge ThomasNet News
Global Cancer Registry Software Market 2020-2024 | Evolving Opportunities with C/NET Solutions and Conduent Inc. | Technavio - Valdosta Daily Times
Global Cancer Registry Software Market 2020-2024 | Evolving Opportunities with C/NET Solutions and Conduent Inc. | Technavio Valdosta Daily Times
Epic pushes out software update to help spot coronavirus Healthcare IT News
Fusion Sport Becoming Popular Performance Software In NBA SportsBusiness Daily
Forbes Ranks Ultimate Software #6 on America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2020 List - Yahoo Finance
Clearview AI Says Its Facial Recognition Software Identified A Terrorism Suspect. The Cops Say That's Not True. - BuzzFeed News
Clearview AI Says Its Facial Recognition Software Identified A Terrorism Suspect. The Cops Say That's Not True. BuzzFeed News
Unlocking Modern Solar Sales: How Top Teams Use Software to Win Solar Power World
WorkForce Software Joins Oracle Cloud Marketplace Channelnomics
Software error stops curiosity Fudzilla
1-Day Course: Patent Protection for Software-related Inventions in Europe and the USA (London, United Kingdom - March 5, 2020) - Yahoo Finance
1-Day Course: Patent Protection for Software-related Inventions in Europe and the USA (London, United Kingdom - March 5, 2020) Yahoo Finance
Software ate the world. Now it's design's turn Fast Company
DHS releases list of the most dangerous software flaws Federal News Network
Immigrant Female CEO Expands The Reach Of Her Custom Supply Chain Software With A New Partnership - Forbes
Immigrant Female CEO Expands The Reach Of Her Custom Supply Chain Software With A New Partnership Forbes
Cority Software Acquires Enviance Inc., Adds 400 Customers to Client Base - Environment + Energy Leader
Cority Software Acquires Enviance Inc., Adds 400 Customers to Client Base Environment + Energy Leader
Jeff Bezos iPhone hack highlights phone software flaws, Facebook says - Business Insider - Business Insider
Jeff Bezos iPhone hack highlights phone software flaws, Facebook says - Business Insider Business Insider
Grammarly Business Named Competitive Leader of AI Writing Assistant Software in G2's Winter 2020 Grid® Report - MarTech Series
Grammarly Business Named Competitive Leader of AI Writing Assistant Software in G2's Winter 2020 Grid® Report MarTech Series
Sonata Software Q3 profit rises 18% to Rs 76 crore Economic Times
Metadata.io is the Number One Account-Based Execution Software for ROI According to G2 Winter 2020 Report - MarTech Series
Metadata.io is the Number One Account-Based Execution Software for ROI According to G2 Winter 2020 Report MarTech Series
Jenkins Creator Launches Startup To Speed Software Testing with Machine Learning -- ADTmag - ADT Magazine
Jenkins Creator Launches Startup To Speed Software Testing with Machine Learning -- ADTmag ADT Magazine
Why is everyone making OKR software? TechCrunch
Certified 21 CFR Part 11 compliant lab automation software to be launched at SLAS 2020 - News-Medical.net
Certified 21 CFR Part 11 compliant lab automation software to be launched at SLAS 2020 News-Medical.net
Aegis Software Showcases Manufacturing Intelligence 4.0: A Disruptive, Enterprise Approach to Eliminating Islands of Data for Actionable Insights - AiThority
Aegis Software Showcases Manufacturing Intelligence 4.0: A Disruptive, Enterprise Approach to Eliminating Islands of Data for Actionable Insights AiThority
Cloud software vendor Paycom beats rival Workday into the S&P 500 because of one key metric: profit - CNBC
Cloud software vendor Paycom beats rival Workday into the S&P 500 because of one key metric: profit CNBC
Headaches continue more than a year after launch of Manatee schools’ costly software - Bradenton Herald
Headaches continue more than a year after launch of Manatee schools’ costly software Bradenton Herald
Eight Flaws in MSP Software Highlight Potential ... Dark Reading
Vanderbilt Software Carpentry boot camp set for March 5–6 Vanderbilt University News
Medtronic Launches Efficio™ Software to Help Clinicians Efficiently Manage Targeted Drug Delivery Therapy with SynchroMed™ II - Associated Press
Medtronic Launches Efficio™ Software to Help Clinicians Efficiently Manage Targeted Drug Delivery Therapy with SynchroMed™ II Associated Press
Paycom Software to join S&P 500 Journal Record
Review Of EPO Software Decisions In 2019 Mondaq News Alerts
Pentagon's number-two officer vows to fix software acquisition 'nightmare' Federal News Network
Let Joe Know Windows software change may make you a target for hackers Monica Williams 6 - ABC15 Arizona
Let Joe Know Windows software change may make you a target for hackers Monica Williams 6 ABC15 Arizona
The 28 Best Data Integration Tools and Software for 2020 Solutions Review
New software flaw could further delay return of Boeing 737 Max Los Angeles Times
WeWork offloads stake in the Wing and software startup The Real Deal
Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 Brazilian Version - Overview For International Consultant
Microsoft Great Plains has substantial mid-market share in the USA plus due to the marketing efforts of former Great Plains Software (now part of Microsoft Business Solutions) in Spanish Speaking South America, South Africa, United Kingdom, Middle East, Poland - we see strong position of Microsoft Great Plains in these regions (on these markets MBS promotes two mid-market ERP: Great Plains and Navision).In Brazil situation is the following.
Microsoft Great Plains Customization and Development - Overview for Programmer
When Great Plains Software was designing and developing Great Plains Dynamics/Dynamics CS+/eEnterprise - it placed several fundamental principles into the system1. Computer platform independence.
Navision Attain Database access via C/ODBC in ASP.NET Application
Navision Software was purchased by Microsoft and now it is supported by Microsoft Business Solutions together with Microsoft Great Plains, Axapta, Solomon, Microsoft Retail Management System and Microsoft CRM. Navision has extremely strong position on mid-size European and US markets, plus it has excellent manufacturing solution.
Separate Anti-Keylogging Protection: Who Needs it Most?
If there still are few unprotected computers left, I haven't seen any. Every emerging threat causes means of defense to appear.
When is a Software Engineer Not a Software Engineer?
The title of "software engineer" has got to be among the most highly abused in the corporate high-tech world. It's also one of the most popular.
Microsoft Great Plains Customization Tools Evolution - Overview for Consultant
When Great Plains Software introduced the first graphical accounting application for Mac and Windows in the beginning of 1990th it had Great Plains Dexterity customization tool, IDE and programming language. Dexterity design was based on several longevity principles: Graphical platform independence and database platform independence and easy switch from one DB to the other among the most important ones.
SpyBot - Search and Destroy versus Microsoft AntiSpyware (Beta).... My personal experiences...
Groove Network. Are you in it?
If you are in a business that passes documents around to be reviewed and edited over and over before they are ready to be posted for advertising or for a client, then you have probably already heard of a software solution to help keep your "floating" documents organized from Groove Network. You may not be aware that there is another option out there.
Razzle Dazzle Them
Once upon a time not so long ago, there was a little boy who went to the market to try to sell his wares. He wasn't having any luck.
Microsoft Navision Customization and Reporting - Tips For Programmer/IT Specialist
C/SIDE (Client/Server Integrated Development Environment) - The core of Navision is the C/SIDE. C/SIDE is the foundation for all the business management functionality of Navision.
Microsoft Business Solutions Customization Options - Overview for Programmer
Several years ago Microsoft purchased Great Plains Software, then Navision (Denmark based software development company). At this time Great Plains Software already was active ERP applications consolidation player - it already acquired Solomon Software couple of years prior.
Five Steps to Rapid Development with TierDeveloper 4.0
Follow the steps below to quickly design, generate, and deploy a great portion of your real-life N-Tier application.STEP 1: HAVE YOUR DATABASE READY1.
Microsoft Great Plains: Manufacturing or Bill of Materials - Overview for IT Specialist
Microsoft Great Plains is main Microsoft Business Solutions product, targeted to mid-size companies. Currently Microsoft is in progress of transforming several ERP products it has: Microsoft Great Plains, Solomon and Navision into several business suites - Microsoft Financial, Microsoft HR, Microsoft Manufacturing, Microsoft Logistics.
A Simple Computer Software Definition
What is Software?Software is a set of instruction written to interface between man and machine.Who writes this instructions?Programmers writes this instructions.
Save Your Resources - Combine Your IM Clients
There are so many different programs that clutter up your desktop and icon bar, every program using up your precious resources! How much faster would your PC if you could run one single program as opposed to three or more instant messenger clients?Let me give you an example of how much resources are eaten up by using a couple of instant messenger (IM) clients.On a normal day I have two instant messenger clients running at any given time, both of these programs use up hard drive storage space, memory resources and cpu processes.
How to Get The Best Accounting Software For Your Small Business
Buying accounting software is a major investment. It's an important decision and you need to be sure of all the facts before you buy.
Understanding XML Server
XML Server can be a Web Server that stores the XML files in it and serves them on demand. The XML Server would have processing capabilities with an XML engine and to transform the XML document to other forms.
Dreamweaver vs FrontPage
There are two major WYSIWYG(What You See Is What You Get) editors available for beginners. These are: Microsoft FrontPage and Macromedia Dreamweaver.
RFID: Strengthen the Position for SAP; United States
SAP Inc., a global leader in client/server enterprise application software that for years been the backbone to RFID application has seen a 1,000% spike year-over-year in customers, interested in RFID deployment.
Microsoft Great Plains Implementation in Russia - Overview for Consultant
Microsoft Business Solutions Great Plains is very popular ERP platform in the USA, Canada (including French speaking Quebec/Montreal), U.K.
|home | site map|